Sunday 2 September 2012

The Magic Number: No 7



Last week I was browsing around Boots, and I was thinking of maybe getting a proper foundation and to get my colour matched. I'm a bit shy so didn't really fancy the thought of sitting in a chair and having my make up wiped off for all the world to see my bare, horrible skin, but I did it anyway! So I'm kinda proud of myself! Now I usually wear powder foundation, either Tesco's own or Benefit (Obviously Benefit is waaay better, but the amount of times I've dropped my make up, the cheaper Tesco version is better for my purse). Now what I mean by proper foundation, is I wanted either a liquid or mousse foundation, and not the cheapy kind since if I was going to do this I wanted to do it properly. 



Anyways, I was looking round the No 7 aisle and an assistant came over and asked if I needed any help. She was older than me, and I don't know if you do, but I get a bit intimidated by the younger girls? So glad she wasn't a young, pretty, heavily made up girl, I thought I'd ask to get colour matched and then she had my on the chair and took off my make up. She said a mousse would be better for my skin type than a liquid foundation, as it's more matte (I have combo skin). She used a brush and put it on and it was like magic! It lasted all day and I only put a bit of powder on afterwards as I had a tiny bit of a shine.

I was going to buy it there and then, but she said that next week (as in this week) they were getting new products, shades and a machine that would match your skin colour waaay better and she recommended that I wait. So I waited, and waited, and waited and was really excited when I went back to Boots (I'm sad, I know). I was with some friends this time and we went to a different Boots, but one friend was really excited about getting her skin matched too when I mentioned it. So again it was like magic seeing my skin transformed, and my friends expressions were funny since they said it was so good, and I had Beautifully Matte in Cool Ivory and my friend had a liquid foundation.



The assistant at that counter, like the other, asked me about my skin routine, and I said I used Simple moistersier and she said not to use it. She didn't force No 7 moisturiser on me, but said Simple was meant for people with good skin, so it didn't really do anything for me. Since there was a 3 for 2 deal on, me and my friend got our foundations and I got the moisturiser as well. Oh another tip she said, which we'd been discussing anyway, was about face wipes. She said don't use them either. Once in awhile is fine, but she said it doesn't help your skin. I've been about 50/50 with using face wipes or cleansing my face, since when you're tired it's easy to use them, especially if I'm over my boyfriends but now I'll only use it sparingly or to take make up off and then cleanse my face. 

I've been using the moisturiser everyday now and I barely need to use any of that, or the mousse, and it's been working way better for me. I've ordered some brushes so I'm just using my fingers atm (using the spatula thing to take it out first), so it's not ideal but I cannot wait for the brushes haha. The only downside is, that I do need to use powder on top when I'm working as I'm rushing around in work and I get boiling, but its barely anything. I've been drinking more water lately and that's also making a huge difference, and I finally got an appointment with my Doctors for my skin! However, its on the day my boyfriends leaving for Portugal, so I'm going to be all over the place then but it'll be worth it.Hope you enjoyed my review!


No comments:

Post a Comment