Saturday 17 December 2011

The Christmas Glossy Box Review (#2)



I know, it's only been a few posts ago since my last glossybox review, but I got them about a week apart since I subscribed at the end of November. They usually send them out mid month, so it will be awhile since I write the next review, promise! And I promise I'll do a Christmas post tomorrow! It involves stocking fillers! Anywho, back to glossybox. I had a few parcels that morning, some Christmas presents and two from glossybox! Yay! I couldn't wait to rip them open but decided to document it properly this time, in case anyone is really interested about the little things. Above is the box it comes in, and since I missed out on a product last time, they sent it in a small envelope. I'm not sure if they arrived at the same time, since I was over my boyfriends, but when I came home there they both were!



This months Christmas glossybox was red! Very Christmassy! Is it sad that I'm super excited to build up my collection of pretty boxes? Yes, no? I can put things in them! And to put presents in them the future. 

The inside of the box, plus it comes with a card with the product information on, and an advert for the mens glossy box, I like the idea of maybe getting one for my boyfriend, but I'm not sure how into it he'd be. The information card is printed on both sides and obviously has the products you have on it, which isn't the same for everyone. 


All the things! I also added what they missed out on my last glossy box which was the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer for your hair. I'm quite impressed with how they fit everything in, since I could but not prettily after I'd taken them all out, and my mum had a look and couldn't put them back in neatly lol. I was really excited with this box as I needed a few of these products, and half of them I used in the shower straight away!

And now onto the product reviews!

Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss - I'm not entirely sure what shade it is and I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses. I tend to just think they're messy and sticky and get everywhere. It is a nice colour, and not too messy so I'll have to try it out for a Christmas do. One thing which would have been nice if it smelled nice, this doesn't smell of anything so if I do buy lipglosses, I have to want to eat it (which I don't :P ).

Deborah Lippmann Nail Varnish - Shade Razzle dazzle. It says it a mini version which is rather cute, and still an okay size. I love the colour! It's so cute and sparkly! I haven't tried it on yet, as I've been working and can't wear nail varnish. It also came with nail varnish remover wipes, which is a neat little idea to pop in a bag, so I might try it on and quickly wipe them off before I have work, as long as I have a few days off, otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

Fab Face Cleanser - I really like the packaging, it reminds me if a vintagey type of circus if that makes sense? I've needed to get a new cleanser lately as I've been stealing bits of my brothers haha! I've only used it the once so I don't know how well it works, but it's mild so no allergic reactions or anything which is good!

Nouvea Lashes Noir Mascara - Love! I've been wearing it for the past two days and it's lovely, not too clumpy and glunky. When I first put it on however, I rubbed my eye a bit, not straight after and it smudged, it takes a bit longer than I'm used to to dry that's all.

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel - I couldn't wait to try this out! It smelt so lovely, and I accidentally used a bit too much and it was like foam city in the shower! You only need a little bit, I was expecting it to come out really foamy straight away and it didn't, so when I lathered it up, it went a bit crazy!

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - I'm not really sure what this is! It says it does good stuff for your hair, adds elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine. You use it before shampooing and I guess I need to use it a bit more to see results after its dry. It felt nice, but my hairs really long so I had to use a fair bit to cover it, unless I'm doing it wrong? But my hair needs all the help it can get so I will keep using it! It was meant to come in last months box, and the customer service was really good and they sent it out really quickly so I wasn't too fussed.

All in all, I liked this box better than last month, and can't wait for next months to arrive! Eeek!


No comments:

Post a Comment